January 16, 2012

Pillsbury Biscuit Waffles & Blueberry Syrup Recipe

Pin It
After my successful attempt at making waffles using canned Cinnamon Rolls I decided to try the same using regular Biscuit dough.  I figured they would turn out great but wasn't sure if I would want regular of Mrs. Butter-worths on top.  I decided to whip up a little blueberry syrup using berries I had that were getting a bit old and honey.  They turned out so good!  I think the blueberry syrup was the perfect topping for these waffles and my kids loved them too.

You will need a Waffle Iron, Canned Biscuits, Honey, Non-stick Spray, and Blueberries.
In a small sauce pan add the Blueberries and a bit of honey over medium heat.

Spray the Waffle Iron well with the Non-stick spray and let it warm up.
Stir the Blueberry mixture occasionally as it start's to bubble and reduce a bit.

Grab four of the Biscuits and place them on the warm waffle iron.  Just a warning..they will squish together a bit so I found that doing two at a time made for better waffles.

Close the top and press down firmly to flatten the dough out a bit.


Cook until the Biscuits are browned and cooked through..about 3 minutes on my waffle iron.

Look how cute they are.

Top with a little Butter and The Blueberry Syrup.

Enjoy!


Pillsbury Biscuit Waffles and Blueberry Syrup Recipe

1Can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
Non-stick Spray
1-2 Cups Blueberries fresh or frozen
1-3 TBSP Honey (Depending on how sweet you want the syrup..I used about 1 1/2)

In a small sauce pan add the Blueberries and honey over medium heat.  Cook stirring occasionally until the berries bubble up and start to reduce.

Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray and warm it up.  When it is warm add in the biscuits.  I found that doing two at a time was the best otherwise they get really squished together.  Cook for about 3 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through.

Top with a little Butter and the Blueberry syrup.

Enjoy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment