January 29, 2012

Avocado Chicken Parmesan Recipe

Pin It
When I was younger, just a mean little kid, my Momma noticed..that I didn't like Avocados.  It's true!  I didn't like Avocados until I was 22!  I was kind of a schmuck as a kid.  I am so glad I decided how amazing Avocados are.  I like to eat them on most things now that I am a non schmuck adult.  I saw this recipe on pinterest and knew I had to give it a try.  It was so yummy and even my kids ate it up.  The Avocado gave the dish a surprising creaminess that I really liked.  Give it a try..I know you'll enjoy it too.

You will need Chicken, Eggs, Meat Mallet, Avocados, Cheese, Milk, Bread Crumbs, Marinara Sauce, Flour, and Oil (I used my handy Misto).

Grab a baking sheet and place a sheet of tin foil over it.  You will be glad you did at clean up time.
Place the Flour in a shallow dish.

Do the same thing with the Bread Crumbs.

Grab a zip top baggie and place the chicken inside.  Pound it to an even thickness with your Meat Mallet.

Nice and even.

Add the Eggs and Milk to a bowl.

Mix them together well.

Grab the Chicken and dip it in the Egg mixture covering all sides well.  Notice my fancy nail polish..it is magnetic and used a magnet to create the funky design.  Way cool!
Back to the food.  Lightly cover the Chicken with Flour on both sides.

Shake to remove excess Flour.


Then move the Chicken to the Bread Crumbs and press down to cover well on both sides.

Move the Chicken to the baking sheet and spray with a bit of Oil.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes.


Remove from the oven and add a good sized dollop of the Marinara Sauce onto each Chicken.  (I used this handy dandy recipe with the Italian Sausage)
Halve and cut the Avocados into thinish slices.

Add the Avocado slices to the top of each Chicken.

Cover the top with Shredded Cheese and Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the Chicken is fully cooked.

Bubbly Cheese and yummy goodness.

Enjoy!



Avocado Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Source: Cuisine Paradise

Line a Baking Sheet with Tin Foil and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Place the Chicken breasts into a zip top baggie and seal it.  Using your meat mallet pound the Chicken until it is an even thickness.



Grab 2 shallow dishes and place the Flour on one and the Breadcrumbs on the other.  Add the Egg and Milk to a shallow bowl and bet them together.



Dip the Chicken in the Egg mixture covering both sides.  Dip the Chicken into the Flour and cover each side lightly making sure to shake off any loose Flour.  Then Place the Chicken in the breadcrumbs and press lightly to generously cover.



Put the Chicken on the Foil lined baking sheet and lightly spray the Chicken with oil.  Bake for about 8 minutes.



Remove the Chicken from the over and place a heaping TBSP of Marinara sauce over the top and spread it around.  Halve and slice the Avocados and place the slices on top of the Chicken.  Top with Shredded Cheese.

Place the Chicken back in the over and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the Chicken is fully cooked.




Enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment