November 10, 2011

Microwave Sweet Potato Recipe

Pin It
My baby really loves to eat Sweet Potatoes.  She would probably eat them morning, Noon, and night if I let her.  The trouble is that they take an awful long time to roast in the oven and sometimes I just don't have the time for that.  I knew they could be cooked in the microwave and found a tutorial here and it turned out so fantastic.  It was tender and just perfect to feed my baby when I'm in a time crunch.



You will need Paper Towels and a Sweet Potato.

Thoroughly wash the Sweet Potato.

I cut off the ends because they look goofy to me.

Then using a knife prick all over the sweet potato to let it steam.

Place a Paper Towel in the microwave and put the Sweet Tater on top of it.

Then cover the Sweet Tater with another Paper Towel..just in case.

Set your microwave for 5 minutes.

Turn the Sweet Potato over and set that microwave for another five minutes.


Check to make sure it is fully cooked and tender.

Perfect with a little Butter and Salt & Pepper.  Enjoy!


Microwave Sweet Potato Recipe
Source:  A Veggie Venture

Thoroughly clean your Sweet Potato and cut off any weird bits.  Pierce all over with a knife or fork.  Place a paper towel down in your microwave and put the sweet tater on top of it.  Place another paper towel on top of the sweet tater to avoid any possible messes.  Microwave for 5 minutes.  Turn over and microwave another 5 minutes.  Check for doneness and if not tender microwave for a bit longer.

Enjoy! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I know this will come in handy to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never tried it before and it worked out so good. It was just as tasty and in about 1/4 the time.

    ReplyDelete