November 8, 2011

Birthday Cake Pancakes Recipe

Pin It
My sweet baby celebrated her first Birthday last month.  I can't believe how quickly the year has whizzed by.  We didn't do much celebrating on her actual Birthday because we were going to have a big party later on.  I still wanted to give her a special little treat on her special day.  I saw this fun recipe and was so excited to give it a try.  In the end they were just ok.  I really thought the cake flavor would come through and they would taste just like a yummy yellow cake.  All in all they were just a bit extra sweet.  If I try these again I will make sure I have actual sprinkles on hand because the sugar crystal ones I had just melted away.

You will need Sugar, Yellow Cake Mix, Vanilla, Eggs, Milk, Sprinkles, Baking Powder, Flour, and Salt.

Combine the Flour, Cake Mix, Baking Powder, Sugar & Salt in a bowl and mix together.

Add the Milk, Eggs, and Vanilla.

Mix together until the mixture is smooth.  Add more milk if you think it is too thick.

Fold in the Sprinkles. 

Warm up your favorite Griddle over medium heat.  Using the 1/4 measuring cup is just about perfect.

Don't forget to make some itty bitties for your baby.


Happy


Birthday



Breakfast!

I served with syrup but the recipe suggests making a glaze using 1 C powdered Sugar, 1/2 TBSP Milk, 1/2 tsp Vanilla, and Sprinkles.  If you try it with the glaze let me know what you think.



Birthday Cake Pancakes Recipe
Source:  How Sweet Eats

1 1/2 C Flour
2/3 C Yellow Cake Mix (dry)
1 TBSP Sugar
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
pinch Salt
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1-2 C Milk
Sprinkles

Combine the Flour, dry Cake Mix, Baking Powder, Sugar, and Salt in a bowl.  Add 1 Cup Milk, Eggs, and Vanilla.  Stir together until smooth, adding additional milk if the mixture is too thick.  Fold in Sprinkles.  Heat a Griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat.  Pour mixture by 1/4 cupful onto the warm griddle and cook till first side is brown and the top is all bubbly.  Cook other side until it is nice and brown.

I topped mine with Butter, Syrup, and a little sugar but the actual recipe was with a glaze.  To make the Glaze take 1 C Powdered Sugar, 1/2 TBSP Milk, 1/2 tsp Vanilla, and Sprinkles.  Mix the glaze together and go from there. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment