October 25, 2011

Protein Pancakes Recipe

Pin It
As you may have noticed I really enjoy pancakes.  I love them and would probably make them every day if they were a health food.  In the past I have tried a couple of protein pancake recipes and thought they were awful.  But I haven't totally given up on the idea of protein pancakes.  The other ones I've tried had lots of eggs in them and tasted mostly of egg.  I knew there had to be a tasty protein pancake recipe out there.  I found this one and must say that it was surprisingly good.  Next time I'll add the blueberries like suggested because that sounds really good to me.  Also next time I will use egg whites to see if it works as well to cut down on the calories.

You will need a Blender, Cottage Cheese, Eggs, Oats, Maple Extract (or Vanilla extract), Sugar, and Baking Powder.

Add the Oats into the blender and blend it up for a bit.
You want to get it to a powder and I chose to keep a bit of texture to it.

Add the Eggs and Cottage Cheese.

Then add in the Sugar, Baking Powder, and Maple Extract.
Blend it all together until it's fully incorporated.

The mix is a bit on the runny side.

Heat up your trusty round griddle and pour about 1/4 C of the mix per pancake.

It will bubble up just like regular pancakes even though you think it will be too runny to work.

Flip it and you will see that it comes out just lovely.

I topped mine with a little lite Syrup and Butter.  Enjoy!


Protein Pancakes Recipe
Source:  Truly Jess

1/2 C Cottage Cheese or Greek Yogurt
1/2 C Oats
2 Eggs
1 tsp Maple Extract (or Vanilla Extract)
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Sugar
*Optional Blueberries

Put the oats in the blender and blend up into a coarse powder.  Then add all other ingredients and blend until combined.  Heat a skillet over medium heat and pour the batter (which will be runny) by 1/4 C onto the warm skillet and cook until bubbles form on the top.  flip and cook another couple minutes until it is fully cooked and not gooey.  Enjoy!

Approximately 5 Pancakes (per pancake)

87 Calories
8 Carbs
3 Fat
7 protein Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Could you substitute pumpkin for the cottage cheese/yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. Give it a try and let me know how it works out. They have a similar texture so I can't see why it wouldn't work.

      Delete