October 7, 2011

Monte Cristo Recipe

Pin It
I went to Disneyland, The Greatest Place on Earth, a couple years ago and ate the most amazing Monte Cristo sandwich I have ever had.  It was perfect in every way and has left me longing to go back to Disneyland.  Ok, so the sandwich isn't the only reason I long to go back to Disneyland.  Have you ever been there?  Totally awesome!  My 3 year old at the time was just over a year and wasn't quite walking yet.  She loved people watching and strolling around in her stroller and doing what Mom and Dad wanted to do.  I can't wait to go back.  I saw this Monte Cristo recipe and wondered why I had never thought to try making my own.

You will need Pillsbury Pizza Dough, Sliced Ham, Jam, and Powdered Sugar.

Oh, and don't forget the Cheese!

Roll the Pizza Dough out on a parchment lined baking sheet and cut it into four equal portions.

Top each rectangle with a couple slices of Ham.

This picture looks a little weird an morbid to me.  Appropriate where it is October.  I used homemade Strawberry Jam but you can use any kind you like.  Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp Jam on top of the Ham.

Sprinkle about a 1/4 Cup of Shredded Cheese over all the Hammy goodness.

Fold the dough over and seal all the edges.

Such a good little dough pouch filled with tastiness.  Bake 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes.

When they are golden brown and delicious sprinkle about a 1/2 tsp of Powdered Sugar over the top of each sandwich.

I cut my daughters in half and oh boy did it look ooey gooey good!

Enjoy!



Monte Cristo Recipe
Source:  Joy's Hope

1 Package Pillsbury Pizza Dough
8 Slices of Ham
2-3 tsp Jam (I used Strawberry but pretty much anything would be good)
1 C Shredded Cheese
2 tsp Powdered Sugar

Unroll the Pizza Dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Cut the dough into 4 equal portions and cover with 2 slices of Ham, 1/2 tsp of Jam, and 1/4 C Shredded Cheese.  Fold the dough over and press to seal all edges and make a pouch.  Bake 375 16-18 minutes until fully cooked and golden.  Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of Powdered Sugar on each sandwich.  Enjoy!

4 Servings

357 Calories
51 Carbs
11 Fat
14 protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment