October 20, 2011

Cornbread Recipe

Pin It
What goes better with Pumpkin Chili than yummy cornbread?  I love cornbread because it makes me think of cold Autumn nights when I was a kid.  We always loved it when my Mom whipped up a good batch of corn bread.  I don't think a pan ever made it thorough the night at our house.  This is a super tasty cornbread and is best with butter and maybe a little honey.  It's got a bit of sweet but it's not overly sweet.  I hate super cakey tasting cornbread..I like mine a bit savory. 


You will need Salt, Egg, Flour, Butter, Corn Meal, Baking Powder, Sugar, and milk which isn't pictured.

In a large bowl add the Corn Meal, Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt.  Give it a good mixing.

Add in the softened Butter, Egg, and Milk.

Mix it all together well.  It probably won't be this color.  I was using a green bowl and for some reason every picture I took came out this odd yellow color.  So I'm going to work with it.  Pour mixture into a greased 8x8 pan and bake 375 degrees 20-25 minutes.

You want to make sure a toothpick comes out of the center clean and then you know it is done.  Yum.  Look how amazing this looks!

Put a bit of butter on while the cornbread is still warm and you will be in heaven.  Enjoy!



Cornbread Recipe

1 C Cornmeal
1 C Flour
3/4 C Sugar
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Egg
1 C Milk
1/4 C Softened Butter

Mix all ingredients together and bake 375 Degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Check with a toothpick to make sure the center is cooked through.  Once the toothpick comes out clean you are ready for business.

Enjoy!

Approximately 12 servings

166 Calories
23 Carbs
7 Fat
3 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment