September 1, 2011

Zucchini Bread Recipe

Pin It
Every summer I get super excited to plant my garden.  I always choose tomatos, Zucchini squash, and pumpkin to plant.  Then about 1/3 of the way through the summer I get too busy (aka lazy) to really attend to my garden and give it the TLC it needs.  I just let my lawn sprinkler do the hard work and check every week or so to see if anything is growing.  The other day I checked on my little garden and I had several tomatoes and one huge zucchini.  Sadly the pumpkin will not be producing this year.  Perhaps next year I will give it the attention that it needs.  My Grandmother had broken 5 bones in her foot and I decided that a little zucchini bread would help her feel a tiny bit better.  I found this recipe and it turned out very nicely.  I used 2/3 whole wheat flour and 1/3 white flour.  Also I didn't have as much sugar as the recipe called for so I ended up using about half what the recipe called for.  I liked how it turned out and my Grandmother felt at least 12% better after eating a slice.

You will need Flour, Cinnamon, Salt, Eggs, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Sugar, Vanilla, Oil, and Zucchini.

Combine the Flour, Sugar, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt. 

The recipe says to sift but I don't believe in sifting..instead I just mixed everything together really well.

In a separate bowl combine the Eggs, Oil, and Vanilla

Mix together well.  In the actual recipe it says to combine the sugar in with the wet and not the dry.  I didn't read the recipe very closely so my sugar went in with dry.  It all turned out good.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix to combine.

Grate your Zucchini and add it in with the rest of the ingredients.

Prepare 2 loaf pans by greasing and flouring the pans.

Split the dough into the two pans and bake 325 degrees for 40-60 minutes.

Once a toothpick comes out clean.

Let the bread cool in the pan on a rack for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!



Zucchini Bread Recipe
Source:  Allrecipes - by v monte

3 C Flour (I did 2 Wheat and 1 White)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 tsp Cinnamon
3 Eggs
1 Cup Canola Oil
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
3 tsp Vanilla
2 C grated Zucchini

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Prepare to 8 x 4 loaf pans by greasing and flouring them.

In a large bowl combine the Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, and Sugar.  Mix together very well.

In a separate bowl combine the Eggs, Oil, and Vanilla.  Beat together well.  Add the dry ingredients into the Egg mixture and mix together well.  Stir in the Zucchini until well combined.

Pour the batter into the two prepared pans and bake 40-60 minutes.  Once a toothpick comes out clean allow the bread to cool in the pan on a rack for 20 minutes.  Once bread has cooled remove from pan and enjoy!

Approximately 20 servings

173 Calories
28 Carbs
5 Fat
4 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment