September 22, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe

Pin It
Pumpkin!!  I love pumpkin in both sweet and savory dishes.  If I see a recipe with Pumpkin in it chances are I'll give it a try.  A long time ago I read something that suggested putting plain Pumpkin Puree in pancakes to up the nutritional content.  I was so curious that I decided to give it a try.  It gives the pancakes a Pumpkiny flavor that I really like.  I don't add any sugar or spices to it so it's a very natural Pumpkin flavor.  You could add pie like flavors if you want to but I like them just plain and simple.  I suggest you give it a try using your favorite pancake mix.

You will need Bisquick (or pancake mix of your choice..or make your own), Eggs, Pumpkin Puree, and Milk.

Put your Bisquick, Milk, and Eggs into a medium sized bowl.

Add in the lovely orange Pumpkin Puree. 

Mix it all together but try not to over mix.

Warm up your favorite griddle over medium heat.

Measure out 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake and let them cook a couple minutes.
These don't bubble up the same as regular pancakes so I watch for the bottom to look like it's starting to cook and a few bubbles to form on the top.

When you flip they should be a lovely brown color.

I stack them up as I cook and serve as I go.

I like to top them with a bit of butter and a sprinkling of Sugar.

Oh boy!  These are also great with maple syrup and Cinnamon/Sugar.

My littlest enjoying her pancakes.

My biggest getting her Pancake breakfast on.
Enjoy!




Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe (made with Bisquick)

2 C Bisquick
1 C 1 % Milk
2 Eggs
1 C Pumpkin Puree

Pre-heat a griddle over medium heat.  In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix together until just combined.  Try not to over mix.  Measure 1/4 Cup of batter and place on hot griddle.  Allow to cook 3 or so minutes per side or until they are cooked through.  The pancakes will have a nice browned color.

Serve with Almost anything you like.  I prefer them with a little Butter and a sprinkling of Sugar.

Enjoy!

Per Pancake

64 Calories
9 Carbs
2 Fat
2 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment