September 19, 2011

Mini Pesto Lasagna Recipe

Pin It
I just returned from being out of town.  We went to a wedding in Tiburon California and saw a high school buddy of my husbands tie the knot.  The location was amazing, it was a beautiful garden overlooking the bay.  When the sun set the beautiful setting was magnified.  It was a black tie wedding so we were all kinds of glamorous.  I got my hair done for the first time since I was married seven years ago.  It was a wonderful trip.  Upon getting home I was very tired and just wanted something super quick and easy for dinner.  I found this recipe in my Prevention Magazine and it absolutely fit the bill.  It was very tasty and I love a vegetarian dish so this worked out perfectly.  The only issue I had with the dish was that the wonton wrappers got a little soggy on the bottom.  I think next time I'll bake the wrappers a bit before I add the filling.

You will need Low Fat Ricotta, Marinara Sauce, Wonton Wraps, and Pesto Sauce.

Grab your trusty Muffin tin and give it a good spritz of non-stick spray.  My poor husband shudders and sheds a tear or two every time I pull out the muffin tin.  He's in charge of dishes at my house and this pan is his least favorite.

Place a Wonton Wrapper in each cup..press them lightly into the bottom.

Scoop a TBSP of Marinara Sauce into each cup.

Put about a teaspoon of Ricotta in next.

Top with about a teaspoon of Prepared Pesto Sauce.

Spritz again with the non stick spray trying to get all exposed parts of the Wonton Wrappers.  Bake 375 Degrees for about 10 minutes.

Let the cups hang out for a couple of minutes. 

Enjoy!


Mini Pesto Lasagna Recipe
Source:  Prevention Magazine

Wonton Wrappers
Marinara Sauce
Low Fat Ricotta Cheese
Prepared Pesto

Heat over to 375 degrees with the rack in the middle position.

Coat your muffin tin evenly with non-stick spray.  Gently push a Wonton Wrapper into each cup.  No need to try and make them fit, the corners will stick up a bit.  Fill each cup with 1 TBSP of Marinara, 1 tsp Ricotta, and 1 tsp of Pesto.

Lightly coat the exposed edges of the Wonton Wrappers with non stick spray.

Bake until the edges are golden brown and the filling is heated through, about 10 minutes.  Let stand in muffin pan 1-2 minutes before removing and transferring to plates.

Enjoy!

Nutritional info per Lasagna

89 Calories
8 Carbs
5 Fat
4 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment