September 6, 2011

Ginger Tilapia & Swiss Chard Recipe

Pin It
Fish.  I spent the majority of my youth hating all fish including tuna fish.  I wouldn't eat tuna fish sandwiches and whenever my Mom made fish for dinner I would only eat side dishes.  In my early twenties I branched out and tried salmon and decided that it wasn't too bad.  When I was dating my husband many years ago his father made lunch and cooked up a tuna melt that tasted amazing.  After those experiences I decided to eat more fish.  I still don't eat it as often as I should but I like fish now.  For the most part.  I don't recall where I found this recipe but we really enjoyed it.  It was a very light dinner that was just perfect for a warm evening.

You will need Swiss Chard, Tilapia (I used a fish called Basa), Chicken Broth, Salt & Pepper, Ginger, Onion, and Canola Oil.

Grate the Ginger.

Season the fish with Salt & Pepper and cover with some of the Ginger.

Warm a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the Canola Oil.

Toss in the Fish and cook 3 minutes.

Turn over and cook the other side 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily. 

Meanwhile Chop up your onion.

Remove the stems and chop up the Swiss Chard leaves.

When fish is done remove from pan and keep warm.

Add a bit more Canola Oil, Onion and remaining Ginger to the same pan and cook about a minute.

Increase the heat to medium high and add the Swiss Chard, broth, and season with Salt & Pepper.

Cover and cook until wilted about 3 minutes.

See how lovely and green it is!

Serve fish with the Swiss Chard..and Enjoy!


Ginger Tilapia & Swill Chard Recipe

4 Tilapia fillets
1 1/2 TBSP Grated Ginger
1 1/2 TBSP Canola Oil
1 Onion Chopped
1 Bunch Swiss Chard, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
1/2 C Chicken Broth
Salt & Pepper to taste

Sprinkle each fish fillet with Salt & Pepper then cover with 3/4 TBSP of the Ginger.  Heat 1 TBSP of Oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat.  Cook the fish 3 minutes per side until it fakes easily.  Remove and keep warm.

Heat the remaining oil and cook the onion and remaining ginger for about 1 minute.  Increase the heat to medium-high and add the swiss chard, Broth, and season with Salt & Pepper.  Cook about 3 minutes until the chard is wilted. 

Enjoy!

Approximately 4 servings

217 Calories
5 Carbs
7 Fat
33 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment