June 7, 2011

Oven Roasted Pepper Recipe

Pin It
I've always wanted to try roasting peppers at home but didn't think I could do it without a gas range or a BBQ grill.  Recently I got a bunch of Anaheim peppers that I needed to use up and in my research I found that I could roast them in my oven with my Broiler.  I was so excited to try it out!  It was very simple and they turned out so great.

You will need Peppers.  These pretty little beauties are Anaheim Peppers.


Cut the peppers in half you can keep the stem on if you want.  Then you remove the seeds and membranes.

Place your pepper on a foil lined baking sheet and you will smash it down a little with your hand.  You may want to spray the foil with a bit of non stick spray to help avoid sticking.  Notice my fancy Crackle nail polish.  Fun stuff.

Turn on your broiler and put the oven rack up to the top.

Cook until the pepper skin gets really good and charred.  Check at 5 min and then every 2-5 minutes so they don't burn. 

Stick the peppers in a zip top bag and seal.  Let them sit for 15 minutes.

Now we need to skin them.  The skin actually peels off pretty easily but I did need to use a knife here and there to help out.

Yummy!  I cut the tops off because I was using these in a chili and not stuffing them.  Enjoy!


Roasted Pepper nutritional info per pepper

54 Calories
6 Carbs
0 Fat
10 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment